Had shoulder injury. Hurts to lift arm and having burning sensation on lower leg. Medical cure?

Hi, I hurt my shoulder a year ago and it still hurts when i lift my arm, and now i have a burning sensation in my lower leg, no pain in the leg just a burning sensation when i bend or do anything, when the chiropractor rusb under my arm really hard a rush of burning sensation rushes down my leg, what could this be ?
Posted Tue, 16 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Prasad 7 hours later

I went through the details provided with diligence. My comments are as follows:

1. Persisting shoulder pain is most likely related to your old shoulder injury. Though use of pain killers and physiotherapy can give you short term relief, I think you need to consider a detailed evaluation including MRI scans of the shoulder to plan for long term relief. If scans are already done, I would be like to know the reports.

2. Localised burning pain of limbs is usually related to small nerve inflammation like peripheral neuritis. I would like to get your blood sugars, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D and thyroid functions assessed.

3. Lower back pathology rarely presents with only burning sensation. A detailed spinal examination can exclude this possibility.

4. Hormonal changes associated with menopause may also be related.

The close possible cause can be identified by the tests I described earlier. I think you need to consider these tests when you visit your doctor again. In the interim please add vitamin B12 and folic acid supplements to your diet.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you need clarifications.