Had shortness of breath, cough and stent installed. Will breathing improve and cough go away?

Had shortness of breath and some coughing for 3 months, stress test suspicous, stent installed 5 days ago. Breathing better but still some shortness, with occastional cough, not XXXXXXX not blood, mucus. Will breathing improve and cough go away as result of stent/subsequent improvement of blood flow? BP normal, bloodwork normal
Posted Sat, 18 Aug 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later

Thanks for the query

I need to know a little more in order to come to a better conclusion

1. Do you have hypertension/diabetes/high cholesterol? If yes then since how long?
2. Was any x XXXXXXX done for the breathlessness? If yes then did the doctors mention the findings?
3. Do you/have you smoked? For how long?
4. Also please mention the medications you are on right now as some of them could induce cough
5. It would help a lot if you could attach the reports, especially of the ECHO cardiogram

Please get back to me, I am waiting your reply

I wish you good health

Follow-up: Had shortness of breath, cough and stent installed. Will breathing improve and cough go away? 1 hour later
1) No hypertension or diabetes, cholesterol 144, ldl 91, hdl 43
2) No xray
3) Have not smoked in 20 years, prior to that smoked for 23 years
4) Levoxyl, Crestar (2.5mg daily)
5) Do not have reports, stress tests showed 99% blockage in Diag.#1 off LAD, 50% in RCA-Diag.#1, stented with 2.5x15mm drug eluding stent
6) Primary doc suspected asthma 2 months ago
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 12 hours later

Thanks for the query

It would like to add here at this point that the stent placement will prevent heart attacks and chest pain but will improve the breathlessness only to a certain extent.
The breathlessness what you are facing is more likely to be secondary to a respiratory pathology. This will improve by taking certain broncho dilators such as theophylline, salbutamol, salmetrol, etc. Please approach a pulmonologist for the same. These drugs will not only reduce your breathlessness but will also reduce cough and improve your quality of living.

I hope I was of help, I will be happy to answer any further queries

I wish you good health