Had sexual intercourse. Is there any possibility to get AIDS?

Question
Hello .
Actually i have an query about ( AIDS)
2 days ago i was with a girl. we didn't have a real sex but my penis got into her vagaina and anus just for a few seconds. Is there any possibility to get aids ??
once again we didn't have a real sex just got my penis inside for a few seconds and thats it
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for the query.
If the sexual intercourse has lasted less than 5 seconds,the information from journal from American medical association states that it doesn't matter how long intercourse lasts.If fluids are exchanged the odds are same.
However the odds of a man contracting HIV from a known HIV positive female during intercourse are minute.
I hope to have answered your query however you can revert to me for any further query.
Thanks and best of luck.

Follow-up: Had sexual intercourse. Is there any possibility to get AIDS? 3 hours later
Hello doctor , i'm sure that it didnt last for a minute it was just for few seconds ! Doctor is there a reason to be worried or just forget it . I really think alot about this
and doctor this hapened 2 days ago on last thursday ! should i make a blood test or something like that and when should i do this ??

thanx doctor i really appreciate but i'm so worried and scared

Hello
I can understand the stress you are undergoing.As I mentioned earlier,the chances of you contracting the HIV are very minute.
However,if you feel that you can't ignore it,then you can undergo he test gor your mental satisfaction and peace.
The most early tests which can detect the HIV are
P24 antigen test and
RNA PCR test.
These tests become positive during the period from 1st week to 3rd week from exposure.
You can discuss about them with your doctor
Thanks

Follow-up: Had sexual intercourse. Is there any possibility to get AIDS? 8 minutes later
doctor does it mean that i cant make the test now or by tomorrow ? should i wait to be a week from the exposure ?

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 7 hours later
Hello
Yes,you have to wait.
It is better if you get yourself tested after two weeks from the exposure date.
Thanks