Had sexual encounter with woman. What are the chances of getting HIV infection?

Excellent
Question
I have questions about hiv If i hade one sexual encounter with a woman and it was my first time having sex what are the chances of getting hov
Posted Tue, 10 Dec 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 40 minutes later
Brief Answer: Chances of infection are present. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. HIV can be transmitted only if your partner is suffering with it. The risk of HIV transmission as per CDC, Atlanta is With anal receptive intercourse is 50/10000 exposures Vaginal receptive is 10/ 10000 exposures Anal insertive 6.5/10000 exposures Vaginal insertive is 5/10000 exposures Oral sex carries very low risk All other types of sexual activity the risk is negligible. It is better to go for the HIV test 12 weeks after you had sex to get a conclusive result. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Had sexual encounter with woman. What are the chances of getting HIV infection? 2 minutes later
Ok so if I had vaginal and oral sex one time with her and I don't d it again what are the chances I have it

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Extremely low chances- almost negligible. Detailed Answer: Hello. Thanks for writing again. The chances of infection in your case is 1/10,000 exposures. It comes to less than 0.01%. The chances are almost negligible. But you have to be careful to use adequate protection next time. Hope my answer is helpful. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health. Regards

Follow-up: Had sexual encounter with woman. What are the chances of getting HIV infection? 12 hours later
So are these symptoms of night sweats and soft stool from possible infection

Brief Answer: May be related. Detailed Answer: If the symptoms appeared 4-6 weeks after the encounter and the symptoms are persistent for more than a month then it can be related to an HIV infection. A simple blood test will help in diagnosis. Regards.

It's only been a week and a half

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 12 hours later
Brief Answer: Not related to HIV infection. Detailed Answer: If it has been only 10 days since you had an unprotected sex then the symptoms are not related to HIV infection. This is more likely to be a mild generalized viral infection which will subside on its own in few days. Regards.

Follow-up: Had sexual encounter with woman. What are the chances of getting HIV infection? 18 minutes later
What could it be from and is it std related

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Not related to STD. Detailed Answer: Hello. It is likely to be a viral gut infection and is not related to STD. Please do not worry. Just have a light and easy to digest diet and Tablet loperamide for symptomatic relief. Regards.

Follow-up: Had sexual encounter with woman. What are the chances of getting HIV infection? 13 hours later
Where can I get them from

Brief Answer: Available over the counter Detailed Answer: It is available over the counter at all the pharmacies. Do ask for it at the nearest pharmacy. Regards.

Follow-up: Had sexual encounter with woman. What are the chances of getting HIV infection? 22 minutes later
What's the soonest I can take a rna hiv test

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: 6 weeks after exposure. Detailed Answer: It is best to get the test done 12 weeks after the exposure to get a conclusive result. Earliest, you can get it done at 6 weeks after exposure. Regards.