Had sexual encounter. Found muscular swelling and feeling tightness. Should I worry?

Dec 2014

hi this is Craig I have a situation here I did a sexual encounter with my friend which i knew I asked him if you have any dieases esp hiv he replied I dont have it this encounter happpened almost 20 years ago should i worry I woke up last night in a sweat at night it was bad should i worry I did go to all sorts of doc and finally they discovered Muscular skeleton in my neck i went to PT and the gentlemen said it was swallan and tight in therev Should i worry about dieases

BTW Where are ur glands in the middle of the neck on both sides
Posted Wed, 9 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to XXXXXXX

I have read your problem and can understand your concern. You are otherwise healthy male with no significant past history. You had a sexual encounter with friend about 20 years ago and also he is not suffering from any serious illness.

First of all I would like to tell you that the incubation period of HIV is roughly about 3-6 months only, though in some persons it may test positive earlier or in some persons may test positive a little late. You were exposed to unprotected encounter about 20 years back so there are nil chances that you got the infection. So there is no need to worry and no need to take tension. Incubation period is nothing but the time period between exposure to infection to development of symptoms of infection.

You are having multiple awakening in night, it may be due to anxiety about illness. So best is to keep yourself calm and be assured that you cant have HIV.

Now the skeletal problems of neck may be due to some problems in lymph nodes. The lymphnodes can develop swelling even in minor infection by any organist in neck. Even toothache can result in swollen glands. If you have stiffness you can consult a Physician for expert opinion. Start a course of anti-inflammatory drugs and antibiotics.

The glands lie below chin, also on both side of neck. They are different group of lymph nodes.

So please don't take unnecessary tension about illness, live your normal life.

Hope this helps you, thanks.

If you have more doubts you can ask again.
Follow-up: Had sexual encounter. Found muscular swelling and feeling tightness. Should I worry? 11 hours later
i read you answer So your saying i should not worry

my friend was messing around with me and hes XXXXXXX Co workers i think i coverede my mouth with my shirt his finger may wenmt in my mouth but i think my mouth was closed but i believe oi covered my mouth with my shirt should i worry i swirled my mouth with warm water
Brief Answer:
Hello again

Detailed Answer:
Yes there is no need to worry.

There is no need to worry about the finger because HIV virus dont spread by deco-oral route. The risk of transmission is almost nil.