Had sex without protection. Having sweating in night, headache and white dots on lips. Have stomach pain, diarrhea, cough and chest pain. Help?

HIV AIDS Specialist
Hi, I am sure you get an over worried individual who believes they may have come into contact with the HIV virus well I am one of them. About 10 days ago I came into contact with a woman who I wore no protection with. During intercourse she had mentioned how promiscuous she's been in her life. At that point I began getting very nervous. Within 1 week I felt aches in my neck which continues but has subsided somewhat. I have a nasal drip toward the back of my throat a little neck and lower head pain and slept a little longer than usual during the day on the 8th day and 9th day post possible exposure. I sweat at night, but Ido that quite a bit it is still a little scary. I also have these little white dots on the inside of my lip towards the corner perhaps granules. I have had no fever no rash but I am itching a little bit could be dew to getting my back shaved and some stomach pain and diarrhea, oh and some chest pain and coughing with some phlegm. I also have some pain in the groin area I am thinking of getting a PCR test please help me thank you.
Posted Fri, 19 Jul 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 5 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

Unprotected exposure poses risk towards HIV. But there are people living free from HIV in spite of their regular sex contact for years together with their HIV reactive spouses and they are called as Sero-discordant couple(30-40%). There are many reasons for the same.

Symptoms like sore throat, nasal drip, neck pain,night sweat, itching, diarrhea with pain abdomen are not very specific to HIV and can occur to anybody.
Moreover, Earliest HIV manifestations (acute infection or primary infection) can occur only after 3-4 weeks and not earlier. So your symptoms might not necessarily be due to HIV.
So you need not worry.

Anyhow as you planned get the HIV DNA PCR done and rule out the possibility of HIV more emphatically and evidently.
Good luck to you.
Dr S.Murugan