Had sex without penetration and had oral sex. What are the chances of pregnancy?

May 2013
Hi! What chances do I have of being pregnant? My bf and I didn't have sex but we were intimate and his penis brushed past my vagina. There was some pre-cum on the outside of my vagina and not next to my opening and I wiped it off immediately. We both made sure that the tip of the penis didn't go anywhere next to my vagina as I was very wary and would have felt it. He didn't ejaculate neither before nor after. We just had oral sex. Now I am 11 days late though I never had a 28 day cycle but I'm really worried. I do seem to have symptoms my period is coming and I also think that stressing about it has delayed it. Could I be pregnant? Btw, this incident happened less than a week after I had finished my period. Thanks
Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: Possibility of pregnancy is less Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. According to your description the possibility of pregnancy is less in your case. As : - There was no ejaculation. - Possibly you are not in ovulatory period at that time. But if there was spermatozoa in pre ejaculate and if you ovulated early, there is some possibility for pregnancy. Delay in periods can occur due to many causes. And as you said stress and strain is one of them. So, as 11 days over after your expected date of periods, once go for urine test for pregnancy. If the test comes negative, consult gynecologist once and take tablets to induce withdrawal bleeding. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.
Follow-up: Had sex without penetration and had oral sex. What are the chances of pregnancy? 18 minutes later
Thank you for your answer. It seems that I ovulated between 19-21 October, which is quite late than usual since I was expecting period round 22nd October. However, during those days, when I went to the toilet, I found stretchy, liquid on the toilet paper, which I assume was of ovulation. This has been a very stressful month at work so maybe stress has delayed ovulation? I keep getting some symptoms of period but then when I look up on the internet, it seems that all symptoms are of pregnancy as well. I am freaking out.
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Pregnancy test Detailed Answer: Hi, Yes. Usually during the period of ovulation the vaginal discharge increases and becomes more stretchable. So possibly you may ovulated during that period. And stress, change in dietary habits, weight changes etc can be causes for delay in periods. Some of early pregnancy symptoms can be seen during premenstrual phase also. So, a confirmatory test is needed to find out or rule out the pregnancy. Better to go for a urine pregnancy test to come to one conclusion. Take care.