Had sex without penetration. Is there any chances of getting hiv from vaginal fluid touching to penis?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2012
Jul 2012

Dermatologist
Question
I went to Thailand two weeks back. I went for a body massage. During massage I fondled and caressed her boobs and give some closed mouth kisses on face and shoulder. She was on her underwear and I was wearing my towel. We didn't,t have any penetrative sex. At last I felt she ejaculated. Is there any chances of getting hiv from vaginal fluid on her underwear touching my penis or any other parts. After one week I had cold with mild fever and mild lymph node enlargement which last for a week for which I took some antibiotics. Is there any chance of getting hiv through these acts. Can I have unprotected sex with my wife
Posted Thu, 29 Nov 2012 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 1 hour later
Dear XXXXXXX
From your description, it appears you are safe & there is no contact with any bodyfluids admixed with blood or blood products & there were no cuts on your hands or mucous membranes.
However, just for safety & also your mental peace do a PCR test for HIV..it will 99.9% turn out negative..the fever & cold were probably just a regular viral fever. Relax. However, let it be a lesson for the future to practice safe sex!
Godspeed & trust this has given you a clear answer & allayed your worries...wish you continued good health! Cheers!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist XXXXXXX Hospital, Bangalore, India

Follow-up: Had sex without penetration. Is there any chances of getting hiv from vaginal fluid touching to penis? 6 minutes later
I believe my nose and lips touches her body and I believe both of them have mucus membranes. I don't have any fresh cuts, but my body have lot of acne and exposing any of these parts to vaginal fluid from wet underwear poses a threat... I reside in Middle East and here it is too difficult to do pcr. I have to go to India to do that. Really I need it???? Please advise

Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 42 minutes later
Hi there XXXXXXX
Relax. Your problem is not at all serious. There are next to no chances of any infection in your case & that too from wet underwear! If you have no recent cuts or abrasions in the nose or lips, nothing to worry about. Is your wife in the middle east too? & for the record, i resided 10+ years in the middle east in a place called Abu-Dhabi & PCR testing is very much available there. But, no it is not absolutely required. I was only recomending it prior to sleeping with your wife unprotected for your 'peace of mind'..cheers & Good Luck!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD