Had sex without condom. Having swollen foreskin. Keep the place dry? Prevention?

I had intercourse with my wife for first time without using condom, and feeling swelling in my penis's foreskin which looks odd. today has increased more. Do i need to keep that place dry? how can i prevent it? is this a serious issue?
Posted Tue, 25 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 1 hour later

Condoms provide artificial lubrication which prevents injury to the foreskin of the penis.
The swelling of the foreskin may be due to excess friction.

Keep the foreskin and glans penis area clean.
In this situation I prescribe topical antibiotic cream to my patients to prevent secondary bacterial infections. You can consult your local doctor to avail a prescription for the same.
Make sure that there is sufficient amount of lubrication during a sexual act to prevent injury to the foreskin.

Hope the answer helps you. Pleased to answer other queries.

Follow-up: Had sex without condom. Having swollen foreskin. Keep the place dry? Prevention? 1 hour later
Thank you.

What is the technical name for this problem?

I have a follow up question, whether applying cream reduces swelling or just to precaution to secondary bacterial infection?

How much time it takes to cure? i'm facing irritation when it makes contact with cloth.

Is it a serious problem or general one caused by first time? is it repetitive as well with future intercourse?

It is called balanitis.

Application of Antibiotic cream prevents infection. The swelling is due to inflammation.

I will 2-3 days for the irritation and the swelling to subside.

In this stage it may not be a serious problem.
In the future to prevent it make sure that good amount of lubrication is present during sex.

Hope the answer helps you.