Had sex with withdrawal method. Getting headache and nausea. What are the chances of pregnancy?

Hello Doctor,

Me and my fiance used withdrawal method during sex. We had inter course on 6th Nov. My Peroids due date is 11th Nov, but I am getting headaches and nausea feeling from past few days.
I am not able to understand if its pregnancy symptoms, we dont want baby currently, since we are getting married in couple of months.

Please suggest, if it is possible to have any medicine, to avoid pregnancy, since its its been just 1 week we had intercourse.
Posted Mon, 26 Nov 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Asra Ishtiaq Ahmed 1 hour later
Hello there.

Withdrawal method is not 100 % protective. This is because secretions prior to ejaculation also contain few sperms and can lead to pregnancy.

However if you have regular 28 days cycle then you would have been in your safe period when you had intercourse.
Considering this and withdrawal technique you followed , the chances of pregnancy are very less though not zero %

The medicine to avoid pregnancy is effective only if taken within 3 days of intercourse.

Since its more than a week you had intercourse, there is no use taking this medicine now.

Now the only option is you should wait for your periods.
This is because now the only way not to have pregnancy is abortion.

Abortion medications are to be taken only when you test positive for pregnancy.

In case you miss your periods, then do a urine test for pregnancy. This comes positive only on the day of missed period or after that.

If the urine test comes positive then you need to visit a gynecologist for the appropriate drug for medical abortion.

Remember self medication for abortion can be XXXXXXX So it has to be taken under the supervision of a doctor.

I hope I have answered your query.

take care.