Had sex with sex worker. Touched hands with bare hands. Chances of HIV or STD transmission?

Jun 2015

Hi, Sex worker had sex with first person after completion, she came out, that fellow also went out and then called me inside (after 1 min) and removed my clothes, and she also came inside and touched my penis with bare hand, I did not notice her hand got some Semen or vaginal fluid, touched my shaft, she removed the condom and wore it on my penis, I donot know whether her hand got touched my tip or not. Please help whether chance of HIV or Other STDs spreading.

Whether I have to undergo any HIV Tests and I am worried a lot please help,any other diseases because don't know about her or his HIV Status
Posted Thu, 4 Jul 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 50 minutes later

The chances of acquiring HIV or STDs occurs in 2 cases:
1. If your partner is affected with HIV or STD.
2. If there is any cut/raw surface in your organ through which the infection can spread.

If the above mentioned criteria doesn't hold true for your case, then there is no need to worry about getting the infection.

The important thing is that you were using a condom, this might protect you in case the HIV status of your partner is not known.

Investigations like a VDRL test, microscopy, culture, ELISA, etc. will be helpful in detecting any STD which can be subsequently managed with antibiotics.
But in case of HIV, it becomes difficult to detect the infection during the "Window period" when the antibodies have not appeared in the blood.
So, I recommend you to get p24 assay or PCR for HIV done.
These test can detect the virus even during the window period.
The tests becomes positive within a week and are almost 100 % sensitive.
Even the presence of a single virus in the body can be detected by PCR.

If this test comes negative, you can be sure that you are safe.

Wishing you a Good Health.
Please let me know if I need to clarify further.