Had sex with penetration. What are the chances of conception?

Mar 2016

Hi my wife and I have been trying to conceive for 2 months. We have sex almost every day when she is fertile. I need to know how much penetration is required. I normally penetrate around 2 to 2.5 inches. Also after sex my wife pees and see some semen coming out. Is this normal or will it affect conception
Posted Tue, 10 Dec 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer: NORMAL THING. FOLLOW THE GUIDELINE. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. Followings are my comments. 1) For successful conception, you have to do regular unprotected sex during fertile days for continuous 12 months before undergoing any investigation. She can use ovulation prediction kit (LH kit) to track down her ovulation time. It is available in market. You both would take FOLIC ACID and VITAMIN E supplement during preconception stage. 2) Penetration 2 to 2.5 inch is quite sufficient to conceive her. Back flow of semen following intercourse is quite normal thing and it occurs mostly due to liquefaction of semen (change in consistency) with time after ejaculation. It does not impact on her conception chances in any way. You need not to be worried regarding this. Other reasons are 1) large amount of ejaculation following abstinence for few days 2) more watery ejaculation state 3) increased cervical or vaginal secretion following her highly aroused state 4) increased vaginal temperature (with infection) or closed cervical OS etc. She can opt for some measures like lifting hips or taking a pillow behind buttock after your ejaculation which may prevent back flow to some extent. She must maintain genital hygiene before and after each sexual activity. Hope, I have answered your query. Let me know, if you need any clarification. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW
Follow-up: Had sex with penetration. What are the chances of conception? 43 hours later
Hi Doctor thanks for the response. We are trying ovulation kit to confirm if my wife is ovulating. Can we use that as a guideline. Or do you suggest that we have sex every day when she is most fertile. We use a fertility calender on websites to calculate her fertile days, is that recommended. Again thank you so much for the response XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. S Patra 3 hours later
Brief Answer: OVULATION KIT IS PREFERRED. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for follow up query. Your wife must use OVULATION KIT (LH kit) in the middle of menstrual cycle to predict ovulation day and maximize the chance of conception. Ovulation occurs approx 14 days prior to expected period due date. So, she can easily calculate from this one also. Both methods are helpful in together. Hope, it helps for your information. If you don't have any other query, you can close the discussion. All the best. Good luck. Regards, Dr Soumen