Had sex with girl without knowing her HIV status. Test showed negative for HIV. Should I wait and get tested again?

Excellent

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
Dear Sir
I had sex with one girl in abroad 7 months before & her HIV status is unknown, now i got HIV tested & its Negative(HIV test Type- HIV quick test abbott), so pls suggest me will it be conclude like i does not have HIV or still i have to Wait for another few months & its killing every day....
Posted Thu, 29 Aug 2013 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 3 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

You are absolutely safe and you need no further test to rule the possibility of HIV.
The HIV rapid tests (antibody detection test) negative after 3 moths of the high risk activity itself is conclusive unless you are on any immuno-suppressive drugs like steroids.
Your test shows negative result after 7 months is most conclusive that you are free from HIV infection and no more test is required further.
Wish you a happy day.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Had sex with girl without knowing her HIV status. Test showed negative for HIV. Should I wait and get tested again? 7 hours later
HI sir thanks for your reply & i need some clarification on these, some time i am realizing my mistakes & its makes me stress all the time, here the doctor said that i have 74.9 neutrophils & Lymphocytes are 19 % is it i the normal range..

Welcome back.
We cannot say that your differential count of white blood corpuscles is normal. Neutrophil count is a bit high whereas the Lymphocytes are low. But that does not mean that could be due to HIV. Neutrophils increased with some recent and short term infections during which time the lymphocyte percentage will go down. It will be alright after sometime. Nothing to worry.
If you followup with your physician he will do the needful to you.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Had sex with girl without knowing her HIV status. Test showed negative for HIV. Should I wait and get tested again? 2 hours later
Dear Sir,

Now i am attaching my medical report (Throat infection & CBC)& i also i have recently observed that i have small white pin type patches on my foreskin inside, so pls suggest whether its an indication for Genital herpes..

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 5 hours later
Welcome back.

As I have mentioned previously, your blood report are not anything serious and to be worried. Just ignore and repeat the same after 2 months.
As far as the picture sent by you, it is not a case of Genital Herpes. It is a mild inflammation of the head of penis either be due to some allergy or irritation.
If your sex partner is having some yeast infection, you my likely to have such lesion due to infection or allergy or may be due to allergic to condom, soap or any applications.
Consult you physician, he will cure you easily.
Get well soon.
Dr S.Murugan

Follow-up: Had sex with girl without knowing her HIV status. Test showed negative for HIV. Should I wait and get tested again? 17 hours later
Dear Sir,

yesterday i got my Herpes I & II IgG report & it has come Positive, but the HIV was negative 6 days before, now my question is will Positive herpes indicate any sign for HIV, or i have HIV but still its not detected..? with these herpes i can live my life but with HIV i couldn't so pls reply me..

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 13 minutes later
Welcome back.

There is no more possibility of HIV infection for you with this past exposure.
The presence of HSV IgG antibodies have nothing to do with HIV.
HSV Ig G positive means that you had come across this infection and not necessarily it is being active or that you are having the HSV infection. So nothing to worry.
DR S.Murugan

Follow-up: Had sex with girl without knowing her HIV status. Test showed negative for HIV. Should I wait and get tested again? 2 minutes later
Dear Sir,

It means i dont have HIV, i can live my life happily by taking the treatment for HSV..?

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 2 minutes later

Definitely you are not having HIV. With regards to your treatment for HSV, it is up to your physician to decide.
Wish you a happy time ahead.
DR S.Murugan

Follow-up: Had sex with girl without knowing her HIV status. Test showed negative for HIV. Should I wait and get tested again? 1 hour later
Dear Sir,

Pls check my attached reports & give me your suggestion, these herpes is curable..?

Welcome back.
As I already mentioned that HSV IgG positive indicating the past infection only. You might not have an active HSV infection. Nothing to worry.
The picture showed a mild inflammation of Glans penis. That is not a Herpetic lesion. Consult your physician and he/she will help you to cure you.
Dr S.Murugan