Had sex with girl who has trichomoniasis. Need prescription

I had sex with a girl who was diagnosed with trich I need a prescription and I dont have insurance for a doctor can you help with a prescription
Posted Wed, 5 Sep 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later

The chances of trichomonial infection after one episode of sexual intercourse with an already known and infection person is very less. You do not need a prescription to prevent the occurence of trich infection.

If you think you have already infected then you require it. The best advice for a person like you at this stage is do not participate intercourse without a condom. Do not take medication unless you have penile discharge and fever.

I am trying to save your unnecessary medication cost here.

Second the doctors would stay away from prescriptions on this forum.

Hope this helps. You are welcome to ask any follow up queries.
Follow-up: Had sex with girl who has trichomoniasis. Need prescription 2 hours later
I am infected she has been confirmed
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 18 hours later

My question is were you tested for the infection? Her being infected does not confirm your infection. The chances of trichomonial infection transmitting from female to male is very low and not necessarily require treatment or prophylaxis.

If you have penile discharge you may have infection and an empirical therapy can be started.