Had sex with clothes on. Chances of HIV?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
My Penis was out and i was on my girl friend HIV? i camed but her clothes were on
Posted Tue, 2 Jul 2013 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Binod Kumar Pati 58 minutes later

HIV transmission requires transfer of body fluids from a HIV infected person to an uninfected partner.

It occurs primarily by sexual contact (both heterosexual and male to male); by blood and blood products; and by infected mothers to infants intrapartum, perinatally, or via breast milk.

There is no evidence till date that HIV is transmitted by casual contact.

Hope, I answered your query.

Follow-up: Had sex with clothes on. Chances of HIV? 9 minutes later
So your saying im safe Did you usnderstand my question correctly
Answered by Dr. Binod Kumar Pati 34 minutes later

What I understood is,

1. Your gf is HIV infected, but you are not.
2. Before intercourse, you had an ejaculation, when your gf's clothes were still on and you are in physical contact with her.
3. There was no contact between your mucosa or intact skin and her vaginal secretions.

Clarify me if I am incorrect.
Follow-up: Had sex with clothes on. Chances of HIV? 55 minutes later
So im all good
whats mucosa
Answered by Dr. Binod Kumar Pati 39 minutes later
Welcome back.
Actually the whole of exposed parts of human body is covered with skin except the orifices. The linining of all the orifices are mucous membranes or mucosa. Mucous membranes are more permeable than skin. If the body fluids of your partner is in contact with your intact skin, then the risk is negligible.

If this is the same in your case, you are safe.
But remember, you have to always take very tight precautionary measures as you are practicing a risky behaviour.
All the best.
Follow-up: Had sex with clothes on. Chances of HIV? 9 hours later
So i should worry
Answered by Dr. Binod Kumar Pati 31 minutes later
For this episode of your act you should worry only if there was transfer of any body fluid of your partner to your mucosa or non intact skin.
If not , no need to worry.

However my advise to you will be to visit a counseling and testing center, so that you can discuss what all had happened between you two during the episode openly and clearly.

I hope I am clear.
If you no further question, you may close the discussion and rate it.

God bless you.