Had sex with broken condom. Had joint pain, muscle cramps, fever, headache and pimples on shoulder. Fear HIV?

I had protected sex with a 28 year old on may 26 , 2012 and during last part of a minute or so the condom broke. The woman is not known to me privately. Such a thing had happened to me on april 28 th also with another woman. I am particular in using condoms but these two episodes really pissed me off. I am unaware of HIV status of these woman but they are in oman where everybody should have compulsory medicals once in two years to stay back. I washed my genitals immediately with water after the episodes. After two days of the 28/4/2012 episode, I had severe joint /muscle pains which quickly subsided within a day. I remember on those days the temperature here was above 45 degree centigrade. Now after 3 weeks of the last episode of 26/5/2012 , there are small red pimple like group in my shoulders with itching. I remember it suddenly happened after wearing a t-shirt while I was going for evening walk. I took skin cream after 3 days and they quickly subsided.Now only small itching and stains remain. No other things like fever, headache etc. Are these HIV rashes? How can we distinguish them from ordinary rashes. I am really concerned!!! How risky is condom break during intercourse
Posted Fri, 13 Jul 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 16 hours later
I had gone through your history.
The chances of getting hiv due to slipping of condom is very bleak.
Your symptoms look very non specific which may due to heat
The early symptoms of hiv start after a few weeks only as flu like symptoms. It is difficult to distinguish at this stage from ordinary flu.
However you may undergo early testing at one month to make yourself free of doubts
I hope I have addressed your quiries
Good day
Prasad pvs
Follow-up: Had sex with broken condom. Had joint pain, muscle cramps, fever, headache and pimples on shoulder. Fear HIV? 4 hours later
Thanks for the answer. Regarding testing what’s the policy in india? I mean if the result is positive do they detain person or report to health care authorities. I am asking this because here in oman it is like that.
Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 2 hours later
In india the reporting to health care authorities do not excist. Thereports are kept confidentially by the doctor and it is between the two only.problem comes only when someone applies to working visa in india and if it is detected on a routine medical checkupwhich includes hiv testing also
I hope u understand
Good day
Prasad pvs