Had sex with a person having testicular cancer. Had light spotting and period is still due. Could I be pregnant?

hi i am 49yrs old with regular periods,.....with the only change was being 2 weeks late in april,then husband is 45 had testicular cancer on july 7 2013 we had sex,but he pulled period was due july 20,2013 a few days before that i had one day of breif light spotting,....could i be pregnant? my period is now due going by the day of spotting aug 11,2013
Posted Tue, 27 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 22 minutes later

The light spotting that you had few days after having sex is not likely to be due to the periods. Such mild spotting can occur due to mild hormonal changes. I consider it very likely in view of your age.

As your periods are regular, the current 2 weeks and above overdue might be due to pregnancy. I instruct you to get your urine tested via home pregnancy test kit available over the counter at all the pharmacies. If the test comes negative then hormonal imbalance or perimenopausal amenorrhea is the most likely cause of the delay of your periods.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal