Ask a Urologist   »  

Had sex while infected in throat. Are itchy red spots on the penis signs of same infection?

Dermatologist
Question
I am 22 years old and recently my gf's been fighting off an infection in her throat. About 2 days ago, we had sex and right before that my gf spit on my penis for lubrication. Ofcoarse, we forgot about her infection and now the tip of my penis has red spots and itch at times. What should i do?
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 4 hours later
Hi!XXXXXXX,

Thank you for your query,

I don't think you should worry about this too much. It should subside on its own, but if it doesn't then & if there is itching and redness, then take a course of oral antibiotic like Azithromycin along with a anti allergic tablet daily for 3 days. You can also apply a combination cream of antibiotic with a mild steroid just for couple of days.

‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries’.

Follow-up: Had sex while infected in throat. Are itchy red spots on the penis signs of same infection? 1 hour later
Great! thanks alot, Also, I'm at the end of fighting off a head cold that I've had for about a week now and i still have a bit of mucous when i wake up but when i blow my nose it's usually dried up blood. Then, during the day, I'll have a little nose bleed. This is the first head cold that I've ever gotten in my life so is this normal?

Thanks,

- XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 5 hours later
Hi!XXXXXXX,

Yes ,if you blow hard then there could be bleeding from nose, as nose has superficial blood vessels.You can take a steam inhalation if you have a blocked nose.

“ Wish you Good Health”