Had sex using condom. Fingered vagina. Noticed slight skin removal above nails. Chances of infection due to this activity?

Excellent

Question
dear sir, i had sex with a sex worker 3 years before, i have used a condom during sex but during preactivities i had fingered in vagina and later noticed a slight skin removal above my nails which is not bleeding. also i doubt whether i had touched that finger in nipples before sucking them. sir, will i get infected due to this activity. iam in great worry due to this. kindly give a reply. the incident occured at kollam
Posted Thu, 26 Sep 2013 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are unlikely to be infected with HIV

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using XXXXXXX
I have gone through the available details, I can appreciate the anxiety due to such encounter in past.

You had a protected sex with commercial sex worker HIV status of such partner is unknown; chances of getting infection with minor cut on finger are almost negligible.

I would suggest you to get tested for HIV a negative result would greatly reduce your anxiety.

In future practice safe sex and take care.
Hope this information is helpful to you.I will be available for clarification if any.
Wish you good health.

Regards.
Dr.Akhilesh Dubey M.D.

Follow-up: Had sex using condom. Fingered vagina. Noticed slight skin removal above nails. Chances of infection due to this activity? 39 minutes later
dear sir,
i asked you two questions and i dont get clear with your answer what is the risk percentage on these two particularly.. kindly give a review

Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Risk is less than 1%

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up.

In my opinion risk of getting infection is very less, in my opinion it is less than 1%. There is no contact of fluid with blood the cut was superficial.

Risk of infection from nipple is even less as virus cannot survive long so risk is < .1%.
We should test once for HIV as it happened 3 years back. A negative result would make you 100% sure that not infected.
Hope this clears your doubt.
If you have any further query, please ask I will be happy to help.
Regards.
Dr.Akhilesh Dubey M.D.

Follow-up: Had sex using condom. Fingered vagina. Noticed slight skin removal above nails. Chances of infection due to this activity? 2 hours later
dear sir,
thanking you a lot for giving your valuable advice and regards to the forum for indulging in such social activities
Thanking you...

Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome

Detailed Answer:
I am happy that you found forum useful. It is our endeavour to help and create awareness about preventive aspect of medical diseases.

I would appreciate if you can rate my answer with good review before closing this discussion.

Regards.
Dr.Akhilesh Dubey M.D.