Had sex, took unwanted 72. Delayed periods. Should I take pregnancy test?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Question
hi Dr, i hv sex with my gf one month back ,3 times. we did sex after 4 days of her mc. she take unwanted 72 after aprox 36h. her next date of mc is 10 of XXXXXXX after 7day that is 18th XXXXXXX she dnt hv mc again, Dr will we wait for few days or it is time to wory to chack pregnency test. Please guide me , we r in wory, thanks
Posted Sat, 20 Jul 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 14 minutes later
Hello
If it has already been one week since she missed her normal period, please take a pregnancy test.
The emergency contraceptive pill can sometimes delay the period also, but it is better to check.

Follow-up: Had sex, took unwanted 72. Delayed periods. Should I take pregnancy test? 4 minutes later
if found pregnet what thay way to avoind pregncy

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 minute later
If the pregnancy test is positive, please consult a gynecologist.
Based on the ultrasound, she will advise medical abortion pills or surgical abortion.

Follow-up: Had sex, took unwanted 72. Delayed periods. Should I take pregnancy test? 2 minutes later
Dr we dnt want baby now, if pregnancy test is positive. what should we do. and what r the best way to avoid pregnancy now. pls help

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
If the test is positive -
1. Consult a gynecologist.
2. Take the medical abortion pills / go for surgical abortion as advised by the doctor after examining your girlfriend.
3. Do NOT attempt anything on your own, as it can be life threatening.
All the best.

Follow-up: Had sex, took unwanted 72. Delayed periods. Should I take pregnancy test? 11 days later
Dear Dr. after taking advise , we have done pregnancy test 2 times with the help of i-can and prega news, gape of 72 hour. but both the time test is negative. still period(ms) is not happening. please advise me what to do next because she dnt want consult the Dr. if needed suggest sum medicine. she taken mensuline fort for MC two day before. thanks

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 hours later
If the pregnancy test is negative, then there could be other reasons for a missed period such as - stress, anxiety, hypothyroidism, endometrial hyperplasia, polycystic ovaries, hectic travelling, recent and rapid changes in weight etc.
You have to consult a gynecologist, normally progesterone tablets are given to induce withdrawal bleeding, however they can be taken on prescription only after consultation and examination by a gynecologist to know the cause of the absent period.

Follow-up: Had sex, took unwanted 72. Delayed periods. Should I take pregnancy test? 23 minutes later
thanks dr.. please tell whether these r reliable or not
nd mensuline ki kitni tablets leni padti hai nd kitne din baad result aata hai.

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 23 minutes later
There is no scientific evidence for Mensuline tablets, so I would not be able to tell you about those.
I would again ask you to consult a gynecologist and take progesterone tablets for withdrawal bleed.
Do not take medications on your own.