Had sex, took ormeloxifene hydrochloride. Had bleeding afterwards. What is it?

I had my last period on 18 aug 2013 then had sex with my boyfrnd on 4sep we used condom and also i took 60 mg ormeloxifene hydrochloride within 24 hrs now i had bleeding from 15 sep which was less in amount dark in color and for 4 days is that normal period or implantation bleeding ?should i go for pregnancy test ?
Posted Wed, 9 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
pregnancy unlikely

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX its unlikely that you are pregnant at this time due to several reasons. Firstly, you had protected sex with a condom. Secondly , your sexual encounter took place on day 18 of your cycle, by which time, ovulation has usually occcured. Thirdly you have had bleeding for 4days on time. You can of course take a pregnancy test but covering all bases its unlikely you are pregnant. If you have had a period for 3-4 days and used at least 2 pads a day, its considered normal. Take the test for surety. Buy its unlikely to be a problem.
Follow-up: Had sex, took ormeloxifene hydrochloride. Had bleeding afterwards. What is it? 37 minutes later
thnks mam , is my periods scanty becoz of ormeloxifene ? nd if i want to take pregnancy test then when should i ?
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
take the test now

Detailed Answer:
yes, the decreased bleeding can be due to the ormeloxifene. It is a form of contraceptive if taken regularly as advised by a doctor. You can take the pregnancy asap since you are already bleeding. I suggest you use a contraceptive for regular use. But yiu shoud know that ormeloxifene isnt to be used as a emergency contraception.
Follow-up: Had sex, took ormeloxifene hydrochloride. Had bleeding afterwards. What is it? 2 hours later
I had taken tatkal 72 information given wid d pill says that it is a nonsteroidal emergency contraception ? Should i do d pregnancy test today or 1, 2 days later ?
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
do the tests asap

Detailed Answer:
You can do the test within the day. But make sure the urine is not contaminated with blood since you are bleeding. It is a non steriodal contraceptive but not effective as a emergency contraceptive for which is hormone drug called progestin is used. You can however use it as a regular contraception.