Had sex , took ipill. Will it help avoid pregnancy?

Question
Hello doctor I had sex with my wife and she don't want to be pregnant so I give her unwanted 72 after 67 hr so I want to confirm that she avoid pregnancy or not she don't want to be pregnant plz help he doctor...
Posted Thu, 10 Oct 2013 in Birth Control

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
pregnancy unlikely

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXX

I understand your concerns. You have done the right thing by giving your wife unwanted 72 after 67 hrs. However, you should have given the medicine earlier like within 24 hrs for better efficacy.

There is no need to worry since she has taken the medicine, though late.

There is nothing more that you can do to avoid a pregnancy in the case of unprotected sexual intercourse. You have done your best. Please relax, and wait for her periods to happen.

Hopefully, it should occur as normal.

Follow-up: Had sex , took ipill. Will it help avoid pregnancy? 8 minutes later
can I give one or medicine

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
no

Detailed Answer:

There is no need to give any more medicine as it will not help her now since 72 hours has lapsed. Also, one single tablet within 72 hrs will solve the problem. There is no need to repeat it.

Follow-up: Had sex , took ipill. Will it help avoid pregnancy? 3 minutes later
my wife period is on 4 so there is 2 weeks to come period this medicine can change the period

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes

Detailed Answer:

Your wife can have the periods little early or little late. This is a common side effect of this drug.