Had sex, took ipill. Have delayed periods so took ipill again. Suggest?

Sir my gf Had sec with his boyfriend very recently any how they dint Hd sex more than 15 to 20 Mins but they dint use condoms
they took ipill tab within in 29 hours
her girl frnd Hd period this month 20th but still today she dint Hd period
for tht tensions she took 2ipill tab again
is she must consult doctr fr period's for taking tablets
pzl get me ans sir pzl
Posted Mon, 14 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes she need to consult a gynaecologist.

Detailed Answer:
Dear sir,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that I pill is just a measure for emergency contraception and not to be taken repeatedly . Since her menses didnt start she took 2 i pill tablets which can lead to homonal disturbances which may even delay periods or cause sudden bleeding . Thus periods may be delayed even if she had not been pregnant .

I will advise you to consult a gynaecologist , get a urine pregnancy test done . Although since she took I pill within 29 hours the chances of getting pregnant are very less . Her periods might be delayed due to anxiety and another two tablets that she took . But still ruling out pregnancy is very important.

Dr. Shruti