Had sex, took ipill. Had withdrawal bleeding. Having delayed periods. HPT negative. Chances of pregnancy?

Hi, I'm 30 years old. I had sex with my bf on the 8th day of my period (April 18th). We had multiple intercourse and on the same day within 12 hours I took the ipill. After 10 days, on the 27th I had a withdrawal bleeding that lasted for 2 days. My last period started on 11th of April. Now its May 14th, 4 days past my period date. I missed my period, did a home pregnancy test on 12th (2nd day of missed period) which came negative. I'm very tensed. Could I be pregnant?
Posted Thu, 30 May 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 47 minutes later
The bleeding you had on 27th April was most likely an early period due to the effect of the emergency contraceptive pill you took. The emergency pill taken in the first half of the period can cause an early period.
The withdrawal spotting or bleeding is seen 72-96 hours after taking the pill.
You are likely to have your next periods around 27th May. Please do not worry. Since the pregnancy test is also negative, the chances of being pregnant are almost negligible.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Had sex, took ipill. Had withdrawal bleeding. Having delayed periods. HPT negative. Chances of pregnancy? 9 minutes later
Hi Doctor,

Thank you so much for your reply! Got so much relief reading this. I get so tensed that I'm getting frequent chest pain and migraine. I keep browsing on Google and its pretty scary to read what people have posted.

Some have even said that home pregnancy test is reliable only after a week of missed period. Is that true?

I did 4 pregnancy tests already, the last being on this 12th and all came negative. I'm having backache too and a bit of hair fall since this ipill was taken too close to the one I had before. I guess the overdose did it.

Thank you so much once again, I'm going to keep faith in your reply and try and stay calm. I do not know how to keep the tension away.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 56 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
The pregnancy test is 97% reliable. Since your repeated tests are negative, there is nothing to worry. Stay calm and wait for your next periods around 27th May.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.