Had sex, tired, shortness of breath, bloating. Pregnant?

I recently had sex with my boyfriend about 1 week ago and I have been feeling very tired and experience shortness of breath ever since then. I also feel like I am kind of bloating a bit and find myself having trouble sleeping at night because of my breathing. I have never had this problem before, and I noticed that my boyfriend had some pre-ejaculatory fluid before we actually had sex. Before that, we have not had sex since 3 weeks prior and we both urinated before having intercourse. Since it has only been one week, is there a possibility that I may be pregnant? My last period ended the week of August 12th - August 18th and I had sex on September 6th for the first time in three or more weeks. Also, I DID take an off-the-counter pregnancy test and it tested negative, but I believe it is too soon to actually be sure. Please help!
Posted Mon, 1 Oct 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 15 minutes later

You have not missed period yet, so pregnancy at present can not be diagnosed and pregnancy test will be obviously negative.

As far as pregnancy is concerned, you had sex almost near to your ovulation date, which is in middle of the cycle. You can become pregnant if you had unprotected act.

Pregnancy can only be diagnosed after you miss your period. You should go repeat pregnancy urine test if you do not have your periods in time. Please do it after about 2-4 days of missed period to rule out pregnancy.

At the same time, the symptoms that you are having does not seems to be due to pregnancy, either it can be due to some gastric problems.

Please visit your primary care physician and get yourself treated for this.

I hope this clarifies your concern.