Had sex probably during ovulation. How to avoid pregnancy?

May 2013
my menstruation happened on 02/09/2013, we had sex yesterday, ie, 15/09/2013, am just worried whether i would become pregnant, what can i do to avoid it?
Posted Sat, 5 Oct 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Emergency contraceptive pill

Detailed Answer:
If you had regular 28 days cycle, there is possibility that ovulation might have occurred on around 15th.
So there is possibility of pregnancy.
As 72 hours not yet over after the intercourse, you can go for emergency contraceptive pill now.
This pill will be available on counter with trade names like I pill, unwanted 72 etc.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion.
Follow-up: Had sex probably during ovulation. How to avoid pregnancy? 4 minutes later
will the unwanted 72 or i.pill have side effects?
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
side effects of emergency pills

Detailed Answer:
Yes, you can have few side effects like:
-It can alter the menstrual cycle, depending on the period of the cycle when you took the pill.
-Nausea, bloating sensation of the stomach etc can be seen.
-You should not repeatedly use the emergency pills, as they can affect future fertility.
There should be at least 2 months gap between usage of two pills.
Follow-up: Had sex probably during ovulation. How to avoid pregnancy? 5 minutes later
pls, another query, is there any test where i can check my pregnancy, accordingly i can use the contraception? is it too early to detect it? or shall i wait and have my abortion pill if am pregnant, because i am not sure whether the sperms actually entered, because my husband has/had a problem in ejaculation. so can i wait and see?
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
emergency pill

Detailed Answer:
Yes, it is early to diagnose the pregnancy.
Though there are ejaculation problems, as few sperms are enough to cause the pregnancy the possibility of pregnancy can not be completely ruled out.
And it is better option to take emergency pill compared with taking pills for abortion.
Because abortion process can cause blood loss, pain abdomen etc. And also if D&C is needed that can lead to infections etc.
So better to go for emergency pill.