Had sex, painful, bleeding, scar at vaginal opening. Still virgin?

ok, i have never had an actual sex before, and i was fingered like 3 times before nd never bleed or had pain at all, but the last time my bf was kinda pushing hard and i felt pain alittle bet and after half an hour i was bleeding. i also notices a scar down at the opening of the virgina. so i dont know is the pain and blood due to his scratch maybe or the hymen broke. is their anyway i can chek if the iam still virgin? because i am one of the girls who need to bleed in the first night when i get maired.
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 58 minutes later

I shall address your concern based on your current given information.

Way to check virginity based on hymen status ?

The answer is big big NO. This is one of the biggest flaws of tradition that modern medicine has exposed. There is no current way to determine a woman's virginity based on the hymen, especially even if it is not torn/intact or anything. Hymen occurs as 3 types - imperforate, microperforate and septate. So, whatever be the type, the hymen can rupture due to any reason other than intercourse itself or the hymen can also remain as a part even with first few intercourses.

Hence, the hymen test or any other false test more so, like testing laxity or tautness of vaginal/surrounding muscles is absolute off medical literature and is considered "quack" science.

First night bleeding ? Myth or reality ?
This again is a topic like above, vaginal bleeding has no present evidence that has a direct bearing/ vouch for the virginity status of the woman. The vaginal conditions vary from each individual and a generalized dictum has not been published in medicine anywhere in the world except in movies, newspapers or some other mass media where writers are actually non-doctors.

Social structure of yours may demand that on the first night, but the truth is this and unfortunately many societies in the world over have still not opened their eyes yet. Skillfully, engage your families in a good face to face discussion with a close family physician perhaps is all I can say in here.

I hope I have answered your concern on a broad sense, now.

Follow-up: Had sex, painful, bleeding, scar at vaginal opening. Still virgin? 12 hours later
ok thank you very much, so just to be clear, i lost my virginity,and i need a close discussion about that with my future husband.
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 8 minutes later
Hi and Thanks again for the reply.

I am happy you made the right decision.

Just a word of caution about the dangers of unprotected sex that you might already be aware off.

Wish you good health.