Had sex on the last day of period. On birth control. Having abdominal pain. Pregnant?

Wanted to get a second opinion on a question I asked last night...

My boyfriend ejaculated and some got on my hand. I washed my hands and about 2 hours later I masturbated. I did not penetrate my vagina but what are the chances I could get pregnant from that situation?

I know I am probably unnecessarily concerned but since the day after the incident I have had some lower abdominal pain. That is sometimes common for me because I am on the birth control pill, however last month there were a few times when I missed taking it so I took the pill the next day. The incident also occurred on the last day of my period, which I know is a time that the body isn't very fertile.

Considering all these factors do you think I am okay? And how long does sperm remain alive on skin?
Posted Wed, 9 Jan 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
The chances of pregnancy under the situation you have explained is almost nil because-
1. Sperms need a wet surface like mucosa for survival. Even if you did not wash the hands during this, the sperms would have not survived that long.
2. You did this just a day before your periods- a very low fertility period.
3. You are taking birth control pills. Even if you missed a few pills, since you took these the next day, there is no need to worry. You are protected against pregnancy.
Please do not worry. Pregnancy will be definitely ruled out once you get your periods.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.