Had sex on first day of period and took ipill. Started bleeding. Will I get pregnant?

me and my bf had sex in my first day of period i unfortunately he came inside me after which i started bleeding after 10-12 hours i had ipill contraceptive pill . will i get pregnant or im safe ?
Posted Sun, 11 Aug 2013 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 8 minutes later

There is a no chance that you conceive if you have intercourse on the first day of the period. Conception is a process that happens when sperm meets the ovum by the female ovary.

The female ovary releases the egg or ovum in the middle of the menstrual cycle, that is Day 14 to Day 18 of your cycle (depends on the regularity and number of days). sperm can stay alive for 1 to 3 days only. So day 1 of intercourse there is no ovum to conceive and by the time the ovum is release the sperm dies.

So you do not need to take Ipill during this event.

Hope this clarifies.