Had sex, now missed period. Chances of pregnancy?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
dear madam ,

I have sex with my Girl friend on last month and my penis touch the face of her virgin no go inside and at the time of my semen came i pull back my penin ,now her period is not came this month of too much tension abt that ple answer my question
Posted Thu, 4 Apr 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 10 hours later

Delay in periods can occur due to many causes, like:
-Stress and strain, weight changes, dietary changes etc leading to hormonal fluctuation.
-Thyroid abnormalities, anemia etc.
-Poly cystic ovary disease.
-Usage of emergency contraceptive pills etc.
And according to your description the possibility of pregnancy is less. But sometimes pre-ejaculate fluid can contain spermatozoa, in that case if you had intercourse around the time of her ovulation there is some possibility for pregnancy.
So, better go for pregnancy test once.
If the test comes positive and you don't want to continue the pregnancy, consult gynecologist and follow her advice.
If the test comes negative, wait for one more week. Possibly by that time she will get periods. If not consult gynecologist and get examined to find out the possible cause for the delay and take treatment accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Had sex, now missed period. Chances of pregnancy? 11 hours later
there is no pre-ejaculate and my penis not enter fully in side of her virgin just touching the face of her virging and it is not easy to go a doctor so please advice for me some capsul to abort it ( if the pregancy is positive).

Dear Madam ,

One more question can i buy MTpill 200mg(3) & Misoprost 200mg (6) and her age is only 18 yrs one of the doctor advising to take MTpill200mg at once without eating anything and after two days 2 tablet of Misoprost 200mg keep inside of her virging & 2 tablet to take taking inside (By eating)& after 4 hrs 2 tablet of Miroprost (by eating).Ad adviced by a Gyno.
After taking these medicine is there is any bleeding & what was the after effect.

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 4 hours later

Tablets for abortion should not be used without confirming the intrauterine pregnancy.
So, first let her go for pregnancy test.
If the test comes positive, one ultrasound is adviced to confirm that gestational sac is within the uterus.
Sometimes pregnancy can occur in tubes etc. which is called ectopic pregnancy. In that case if the tablets for abortion are used without ultrasound, sac can rupture and that can become a surgical emergency.
You request the gynecologist who suggested the MTpill, to do a ultrasound and proceed accordingly.

Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Had sex, now missed period. Chances of pregnancy? 21 hours later
Dear Madam
there is no pre-ejaculate and my penis not enter fully in side of her virgin just touching the Opening of her virging at the time of ejaculation i pull back fully even a little dorp is not in her virgin,Please answer this question and i donot wanted to show my question and answer in public site after getting the answer i will close our coversation.

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 13 minutes later
According to your description there is less possibility for pregnancy.
If she didn't ovulated around that time the possibility further decreases.
(Usually ovulation will occur on around 14th to 16th day in case of regular 28 to 30 days cycle.)
As I told there are many causes for delayed periods.
So don't get tensed, wait for few more days possibly by that time she will get her periods.
If not go for pregnancy test. And if at all the test comes positive, after confirming the intrauterine pregnancy she can go for termination as adviced by your doctor.

Follow-up: Had sex, now missed period. Chances of pregnancy? 4 days later
Dear Madam,

Until now she is not get period but she go for a medical test ,her blood is tested as she told me her blood took for in three parts and they took cheast X-ray for her from that we are think it is not positive .( these test for medical for an exam).

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 25 hours later
If the blood tests included test for beta hCG levels also and if that was negative, then that rules out possibility of pregnancy.
As she is consulting a doctor, she can go for physical examination and/or ultrasound and can take tablets to induce the menstrual period.