Ask a Urologist   »  

Had sex, itching and white pimples on penis head. What could be the reason?

Question
Hi doctor I am 36 year old married man & last saturday I had a sex with my wife and I noticed a very thick white coloured liquid in her vagina.I asked her about this,So she told me that it is ovulation discharge.But next day morning on my penis head I feel itching & small white coloured(very small pimples).
What could be the reason of this and what caused the white liquid to come out of her vagina eventhough her menstrual cycles starts on 8th of every month.
Please give me solution for itching & pimples.
Thanks
Posted Tue, 18 Sep 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 44 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

From her symptoms, it seems that she is probably having Trichonomas vaginalis, a fungal infection and you get infection as well.

Nothing to worry, go for vaginal swab test and get the report.

Fungal infection spreads through sexual contact.

You can apply antifungal cream on the part after properly cleaning the part.

You may take oral anti fungal tablet Flucanazole. This is a prescription drug. Weekly once dosage for 4 weeks is usually given. Please get it prescribed by your antihistamine like Cetrizine as and when required for itching.

Consult your wife to Gynaecologist and get examined for the type of infection.

Hope, I answered your query. If you have further query or clarification, please ask. I will be happy to help.

Wish you good health.