Ask a Urologist   »  

Had sex, having cut on penis, no blood and fluid was there. Could this be herpes or HPV?

Question
Hello. I am experiencing somewhat worrisome symptoms on me penis after a protected sexual encounter approx 2 weeks ago. Approx three days after I had sex, I noticed a small red "cut" on my penis. I did not experience any pain. It appeared as though the skin was trying to scab over. No blood or fluids were present. I am worried that this could be herpes or HPV. The female did perform oral sex on me without a condom. Could this XXXXXXX possibly be from rough oral sex (teeth) or something of that nature? Friction during intercourse? I have been taking photos of me penis during the past two weeks. It appears to be "healing", although, its been two full weeks and it is still not completely healed. Can you take a look and see what this could possibly be?
Posted Fri, 28 Jun 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 14 hours later

Apologies for the delay.

I tried in different computers to open the images that you had uploaded but failed to view the complete image hence it took me so long to reply. Better to upload further images.

Now according to what was described your assumptions had a strong point. Oral sex can cause injury to the penis. Friction during intercourse may not be possible if you had used rubber (protected intercourse). Two weeks is the general time to heal the injuries occured due to injury during oral intercourse. I think you should be very careful because the infections caused from the mouth of a human have varied germs and microorganisms. They are difficult to treat and heal. Leave about the STD's in your case, protected intercourse have very less chance, you should be thinking about other micro entering the body.

If there is pain, swelling it is worth to take a course of antibiotic for 15 days.

Hope to see better images to comment further.

Follow-up: Had sex, having cut on penis, no blood and fluid was there. Could this be herpes or HPV? 12 minutes later
Hello. I've tried attaching the photographs again. Hopefully they work this time. Like I said, I'm not experiencing any pain or discharge. Could it possibly be a yeast infection? My main concern is herpes or HPV. The thing is, it doesn't really look like a blister or a wart to me. Hopefully the photos upload so you can see what I'm talking about.

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 42 hours later

I checked all the photographs this time. All of them point to only one lesion. The one which I am able to see neither appear to be yeast nor the STD's ( herpes or HPV). It is just a healing papule. I would still go with injury during oral intercourse. You can wait it out before it takes off peace out of your mind.

Please do not arrive at any possibility that bothers you unless an expert tells you. Since you do not have any other symptom I would just ask you to wait. Since it healed majorly you do not need antibiotic dose.

Hope this helps.