Had sex, have swelling on tip of foreskin with cuts and problem in retracting foreskin. Suggest?

Dermatologist
Question
Hello, I have swelling on the tip of my foreskin and minor vertical cuts (look like paper cuts). I noticed this 1 or so days ago after having sex with my only partner in the last 2 years. Retracting my foreskin is some what irritating and it when it does retract it feels tighter than before. Nothing abnormal with the actual penis head. Any advice? I already made an amppointment with my urologist. Should I keep retracting it even though it doesn't allow the minor cuts to heal?
Posted Thu, 17 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
photograph required

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for the query,
Your description typically matches with a candida ( fungal ) infection.
Can you please upload a photograph of the lesions.
This will help me in giving you a closer diagnosis and a best line of treatment.
Waiting for your response.
Thank you

Follow-up: Had sex, have swelling on tip of foreskin with cuts and problem in retracting foreskin. Suggest? 12 minutes later
I just submitted a picture.

Underneath the foreskin everything is normal. It just the foreskin that is tighter to retract, swollen and the minor cut I got after sex with my finance.

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
antifungals are required

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the photograph.
You are suffering from candida infection.
Probably your fiance is a carrier.
In females this disease usually remain asymptomatic.
Treatment with anti fungal is required for both of you for complete cure.
You can apply oint clotrimazole twice daily for 15 days.
This will give you relief.
Ask your fiance also to apply this cream.

Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you

Follow-up: Had sex, have swelling on tip of foreskin with cuts and problem in retracting foreskin. Suggest? 5 hours later
Thanks for the info. Should I keep retracting the skin back when bathing and should we both avoid sex?

When I pull it back it seems like those cuts that are just about to heal reopen but I also want to clean underneath.
Also any other way to keep the swelling of the foreskin to allow retracting much comfortable?

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
warm saline compress

Detailed Answer:
Yes you need to keep retracting and cleaning it, else infection will grow more.
You can do warm saline compress to reduce the swelling and remove skin debris.
There is no need to avoid sex if there is no pain during sexual intercourse, but treatment is must.
Thank you

Follow-up: Had sex, have swelling on tip of foreskin with cuts and problem in retracting foreskin. Suggest? 10 minutes later
Thanks. Who long does this normally take to go away. Today will mark the 4th day and I've put the anti fungal treatment going on the 3rd day.

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
one month treatment required

Detailed Answer:
It usually takes a week to heal.
However the treatment must be continued for a month to prevent recurrence.
Thank you

Follow-up: Had sex, have swelling on tip of foreskin with cuts and problem in retracting foreskin. Suggest? 3 hours later
Thanks for the info. One last thing any other cream you would suggest or name of it.

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
clotrimazole cream

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Ask for clotrimazole cream. This is the molecule name.
It is available with various names in different countries like candid clodid etc.
thank you

Follow-up: Had sex, have swelling on tip of foreskin with cuts and problem in retracting foreskin. Suggest? 30 hours later
Hello Dr. thanks for all the helpful information. The small vertical cuts are healing (less bothering) but the foreskin is still tight around the penis. Feel and looks like I have added foreskin. Its not comfortable to pull back. Any thoughts? Thanks again

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
details below

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Keep retracting the foreskin and also do saline compress.
This will prevent development of fibrosis.
please get your blood sugar done.
this type of infection is usually seen in diabetics.
Feel free to ask any other doubts.
thank you