Had sex followed by period. Doing exercises. Eating papaya, pineapple and eggs. Could I be pregnant?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
Hi. I had sex on the 6th day after my period ended. However, he didn't ejaculate in me. But it was taking him too long to release, so we stopped in between and he isn't sure if even little came out. I have been doin heavy exercises, aerobics, lifting weights eating hot foods. I should be getting my periods on 10th of this month. However, I usually start a couple of days earlier. I am not yet getting any pains or cramps. I am eating pineapple and papayas for the last 2 days, having eggs, balck pepper powder, ginger tea, chicken...stilll no pain yet. I am worried, if I continue eating papaya, would I still get pregnant?
Posted Fri, 25 Oct 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possibility of pregnancy is less

Detailed Answer:
According to your history the possibility of pregnancy is less.
As in case of regular periods, usually ovulation will not occur on 6th day of the menstrual cycle.
Delay in periods can occur due to many causes like dietary modifications, change in exercise schedule, stress and strain etc.
So possibly heavy exercises, diet and weight changes may be the reason for the delay in your case.
Papaya etc won't help in inducing periods or in preventing pregnancy scientifically.
So you once go for urine pregnancy test.
If the test comes negative, consult gynecologist, get examined and take tablets to induce withdrawal bleeding.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion.

Follow-up: Had sex followed by period. Doing exercises. Eating papaya, pineapple and eggs. Could I be pregnant? 4 minutes later
Hi Doctor. Thanks for answering. I had sex on the 6th day after my period ended, not on 6th day of my period. Are still the chances less?

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Possibility is there

Detailed Answer:
If your periods ended on 5th day of the cycle, you might have had unprotected intercourse on around 11th day of the cycle.
Generally in case of 28 days cycles, ovulation will occur on around 12th to 16th days of cycle.
And ovum can survive for around 24 hours and sometimes sperms can survive for 4 to 5 days.
So by taking all these things into consideration, these is some possibility for pregnancy.
So once go for pregnancy test.
If the test comes negative, no need to worry.

Thanks. What foods can I eat to start my periods? I am not yet late for my periods though, I am due tomorrow. If I miss my period, when should I do my pregnancy test? Also, please take into consideration that he didn't release in me. And I have been doing twisting exercises, cycling, squats, weight lifting. Do I still stand a chance for pregnancy?

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Better to go for pregnancy test

Detailed Answer:
Sometimes pre ejaculate fluid can contain few spermatozoa and that may lead to pregnancy.
Exercises won't affect the possibility of pregnancy directly.
But by influencing the hormonal levels they can affect the menstrual cycle. And that can affect the fertility.
So, better to go for pregnancy test once.