Had sex but no ejaculation and lost virginity. Have soreness in vagina and stomach pain. Normal?

Excellent
Question
I lost my virginity two days ago, we used a condom which didn't break and he didn't ejaculate. I am on the pill as well so it's not possible for me to be pregnant. Since then I have been very sore down there and had bad stomach pains. Is this normal? And if so, why does it happen?
Posted Tue, 3 Sep 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Rupture of the hymen leads to soreness.

Detailed Answer:

At the time of first intercourse, the hymen ruptures and this leads to soreness and sometimes spotting or bleeding. Pain in the stomach could be due to the pressure effect, some amount of cystitis usually seen after loss of virginity or could be due to an impending period. If gastrointestinal disturbances can be ruled out, such pains and soreness usually subside. You may have some anti-spasmodic for relief.

Since you had a protected intercourse, you need not worry about pregnancy. Failures can happen when protection fails around the fertile period and since you are on the pill, such happenings are remote.

Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to contact for further clarifications. I will be happy to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.

Follow-up: Had sex but no ejaculation and lost virginity. Have soreness in vagina and stomach pain. Normal? 9 minutes later
Thank you! How can I get some anti-spasmodic?

Brief Answer:
Through a prescription or OTC

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

You may contact your specialist for an opinion and get a prescription and this would be ideal. Else, you may get an over-the-counter anti-spasmodic, dicyclomine would be the ideal drug for intra-abdominal spasm. I would suggest a doctor's prescription.

Hope your query is answered. Please get back if you have further doubts. I will be ready to help.

regards,
Shanti.V.