Had sex and took Postinor. Had sex again. Do I still need to take Postinor or will the previous one cover me?

hi, i had sex on sunday and i took postinor2 around 9pm, then i took the other tablet on monday 9am, i had another sex on tuesday around 5pm,pls do i still need to take postinor2,or the one i had previously can cover me?pls help
Posted Mon, 2 Jul 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
You have taken postinor 2 more than 24 hours after the first act. Now for the second act, you need to repeat the dose of postinor 2 as it inhibits the implantation.
It is best to take the emergency contraceptive within 24 hours of having an unprotected sex to have best results. Such frequent dosing might cause menstrual irregularities. Please do use a regular contraceptive like oral pills from next cycle.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.