Had sex and there is foul smell from vagina. Suggestions? Also suggest a way to avoid pregnancy without using condoms?

Excellent

Psychiatrist
Question
I got married recently, while having sex with my partner, there is foul smell in her vagina which makes me uncomfortable, Is there any solution for this?

We plan to have babies after a year so I am avoiding the semen enter into her vagina by removing my penis after the sex, is there any other way we can avoid pregnancy except using condom since she feel uncomfortable using condoms
Posted Thu, 5 Sep 2013 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 24 hours later
Brief Answer:
This is quite treatable

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX

Congratulations both of you and wish both of you a happy marriage

Foul smell in vagina is indicative of some infection in vagina / cervix.

This can be diagnosed and treated by consulting a gynaecologist.

Gynaecologist will examine the local area, will order for "laboratory testing of vaginal secretion and culture and sensitivity testing of the same", then decide which appropriate antibiotic will work. After taking antibiotics and local ointments for 1-2 weeks, she should be O.K

Alternatively, one can use oral contraceptive pill (available in market) that need to be taken daily. The effect of these pills start after 3 months. Within these 3 months.

You have to remember that "avoiding the semen enter into her vagina by removing my penis after the sex', has high failure rate and high chance of getting pregnency.

Anything else in your mind, we can discuss