Had sex and semen was too thick. What could be the cause?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
My wife and I just had sex and my semen looked like cottage cheese can u pls answer this
Posted Tue, 9 Jul 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Hello
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have noticed your semen to be too thick in consistency for the first time.
I shall be happy if you can post few more details to make comments on your problem.
1) Do you have any Urinary symptoms ?
2) Do you have painful ejaculation ?
3) Do you have fever ?
4)Do you have pain in the perineum or lower abdomen.?

The possible reason could be
1) Less intake of water.
2) Infection of the ether in seminal vesicle or prostate.
3) Coagulation (Agglutination) of sperms)

Consult qualified Urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get following basic tests done under his guidance to help in diagnosis your problem.
1) Routine Urine Test and urine culture
2) Ultrasound scanning of the abdomen.to rule out Prostatitis.
3) Semen examination to confirm the infection and to rule out presence agglutination of sperms due to of anti sperm antibodies.

Further treatment will be decided by him/her depending on clinical findings and results of these tests.

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.
Dr.Patil..