Had sex and condom broke. Feeling congested. Have small patches of blood. Noticed blood when coughing. Suggestions?

I had sex and the condom broke on August the 21st 2013. I asked her if there was anything to worry about and she said no. I don't trust anyone when it comes to things like that. I am congested in the morning with no sore throat and am not running a temp. I cough up green chunks in the morning and sometimes they have small patches of blood in them. When I bend down or get up it feels like my head wants to explode. I just had diarrhea this morning sep 28th. I will go to the doctor this week to get tested as i have to go in and see him anyway for Carvedilol refill.
Posted Fri, 18 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
less like sexually transmitted disease.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, welcome and thanks for writing in.
First you must be free of anxiety. There are no symptoms that suggests you are infected with serious disease. Whatever may be the symptoms it will take few months to appear in case of STDs. It will never appear in just 3-4 weeks.
Symptoms like severe headache and bloody sputum are not a spectrum of sexually transmitted disease. First symptoms is weight loss out of proportion to duration.
It is good that you are consulting doctor soon. You need to relax. Your present symptoms are possibly related to other infective process.

Hope I have answered your query. Any further doubts are welcome.

Follow-up: Had sex and condom broke. Feeling congested. Have small patches of blood. Noticed blood when coughing. Suggestions? 6 hours later
I don't know a lot of things about this so you are educating me. I forgot to add that my ears are congested and my neck is a little stiff with the other things I detailed in my last email. My throat is a little sore after I took a nap this afternoon. I don't know if this has anything with my lymph nodes being swollen. I don't know what they are supposed to look like or feel like when they are swollen. I'm thinking I have a sinus infection and the diarrhea could have been from something I ate on friday evening. I read that hiv symptoms start to show anywhere from two weeks to two months after infection. I am going to go get tested this week. Thanks
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Most likey upper respiratory tract infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, welcome back.
Whatever you have read is partially correct. You are most likey suffering from upper respiratory tract infection. Symptoms of sexually transmitted diseases start as unexplained diarrhoea or weight loss. But you have very different spectrum which is just a co-incidence after your sexual exposure.
So, don't worry too much. Your anxiety is adding more symptoms like severe headche etc. Till you get tested you need to relax.

Hope for the best.