Had sex after recent abortion, burning sensation across abdomen. Am I still at risk for infection if I take them regularly?

I had sex four days after an abortion. I know they tell to wait a week, and i know i messed up. Im not showing signs of any symptoms of infection, but i am experiencing a burning sensation across my abdominal area. They gave me antibiotics at the clinic, if i take them regularly, am i still at risk for infection ?
Posted Mon, 10 Sep 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 2 hours later

After abortion your uterus is contracting to achieve normal size. This may cause cramping pain.

But as you are feeling burning sensation we need to rule out reason for infection. Routine urine examination and culture test can be helpful to rule this out.

So I encourage you to visit a local physician / treating doctor and get the urine routine examination & culture sensitivity done. Continue antibiotics as prescribed by your Doctor & avoid sex till bleeding stops. Drink plenty of fluids; this will aid in faster recovery.

I hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have other enquiries.

Wish you a speedy recovery.