Had sex after periods. Started bleeding. Meaning?

my period finished two days ago i had sex this evening and i started bleeding again what does this mean
Posted Tue, 5 Nov 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be a normal finding.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Since your periods finished only two days ago, the bleeding that you are having now could be due to a left over bleed in the uterine cavity from your periods. If this has happened for the first time and the bleeding is only mild then there is no need to worry. This will subside on its own.
In case such episodes are recurrent and the bleeding is heavy then do consult your gynecologist to rule out any cervical pathology, vaginal infection or a hormonal imbalance.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.