Had sex after periods. Condom broke. Took plan b. Have bleeding and nausea. Normal?

Mar 2013
Hello I am 22 years old 5'2 and weight 126 poundsI had my menstral cycle on the 18 of july and ended on the 21 I had sex on the 22 around 12:30 am but the condom broke I took plan b that same morning around 8:30 I was ok until the 27 of july I saryed to have some bleeding nausea heart burn cramping tired and light headed and mild headaches some weakness as well is this normal? I have taken this before and have felt mild cramping and spotting udually that same day but feel better the next day but never have a felt this bad and a couple of days later
Posted Mon, 19 Aug 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later

The side effects you describe are common after taking the Plan B. The spotting and cramping can persist upto 3 - 5 days.

Also, the plan B can prepone or postpone your normal cycle upto a week or more sometimes.
If the symptoms are intolerable, or go beyond 3 - 5 days, consult your doctor.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you need clarification.

Follow-up: Had sex after periods. Condom broke. Took plan b. Have bleeding and nausea. Normal? 28 minutes later
Thank you I had read some of the side effect of taking plan b but since I hadn't experienced most of this symptoms I was just a little concerned..but thank you for answering my question
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 4 hours later
Thanks for the appreciation.
Feel free to discuss further any time.

All the best