Had sex after period and condom broke. Took birth control pills. Now bleeding. Pregnant?

Question
My period is of a 35 cycle. Had my period on the 9 th had sex on the 12 condom broke took the morning pill plan b few hours later then the 14 again the condom broke but did not take the pill again, assuming that Im still protected since I took the plan b just 40 hours prior, it's a different type of condoms we r using now which explain why this is happening, I'm 30 years old never pregnant not planing on it either. Do not want to. So now today is the 18 and I'm bleedin as if Im having a period. Is it normal? It's not thick just normal clear red flow. I don't think I'm in the time of the month where I could get pregnant.
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 53 minutes later
Since you took Plan B on 12th, now the irregular bleeding that you are having is the withdrawal bleeding which happens due to the high dose of hormones in the emergency contraceptive pill.
This is a common side effect of such pills. Your routine period can also be delayed by a few days. Do not worry. This is not indicative of pregnancy.
But I would advise you to use a surer way contraception like oral pills as plan B if taken repeatedly can cause you menstrual irregularities.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Had sex after period and condom broke. Took birth control pills. Now bleeding. Pregnant? 34 minutes later
As I said wed the 14 had the mishap again. should I b covered from the first pill do you think. since I'm fertile on the 25 th. So my question is there a posibilie of me getting pregnant . Yes we did change the brand and my husband and I are always careful. This time well I'm more worried since it happened twice within 2 days of taking the plan b. Which also was my first time of takin. When do I expect my period next. And when should I test for preganncy.

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 minutes later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
When the condom broke for the second time, you were protected as you had taken plan B only 20 hours prior. The chances of you getting pregnant are negligible. I do not think that you need to test for pregnancy now. You can expect your period any day between 16th-26th of next month.
Hope my answer is helpful. Further queries are welcome.
Wishing you a trouble free speedy recovery.