Ask a Urologist   »  

Had sex. Will partner contract yeast infection that I had?

Infertility Specialist
i had sex with my boyfriend while i had a yeast infection, didnt know i had one. will he get it?
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later

Fungal (yeast) infection is common among many women. Please get consultation from your gynecologist who will examine you and give you anti fungal vaginal suppositories.
this is transmiitted sexually sometimes. But there is no sure method to say if your boy friend has gt it. Majority of healthy men have immunity against fungal infection and it is not transmitted.
At present dont worry about it and please treat your self. Your boyfriend will be just fine.

Please come up with follow ups if any.