Had sex. Ultrasound showing multiple follicles. Will I conceive?

Infertility Specialist
Hi I have been trying to conceive for 6 months but only have sex 1 or 2 a week. I am not conceiving could the problem be I am not having enough sex. Been to see a gynaecologist he is happy with mine and my husband fertility, just doing one last test on day 2/3 of my period to check my egg quality. I am 38 never been pregnant but never had regular sex for 10 years you could count on your fingers the number of times I have had sex and always been with the same partner. Ultrasound is normal and shows multiple small follicles. I am at the point of thinking I will never have a baby do you see I should be able to conceive? Many thanks for your help in the above matter, I am overweight at 17 stone
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: SCAN Detailed Answer: Hi, Your age is also increasing and its about time you took fertility treatment. Though there are many follicles, the quality goes down as age advances. Hence I suggest you undergo regular follicular monitoring with infertility specialist. When you have dominant follicle, your doctor will advice which is the best time to have intercourse according to your egg growth. If you dont conceive in 3 months, go ahead with IUI or IVF procedure without wasting further time. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol IVF & Infertility Specialist