Had sex. Partner pregnant. Ultrasound shows heart beat. Feel partner conceived much early. Clarify?

I had sex On april 21,2013. Then I got a call from her saying she was pregnant on 05/10/13. She proceeded to send me a pic of the ultrasound. This was taken on 05/13/13. She also indicated that they heard the heart beat. I was wondering if the photo that was uploaded coincides to a ultrasound that is approx 3 weeks old. I am thinking she was pregnant before I even knew her. What is your opinion?
Posted Sat, 8 Jun 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 11 minutes later
The timing here is very close. If the ultrasound says that fetal cardiac activity is present,then then gestation should be at least 5-6 weeks old. That means that she had concieved, at least 5/6 weeks before the dated ultrasound. Calculating from that backwards, she could have been pregnant already. As i said the timing is is very close. Ask her what her last menstrual fate was. Also ask her to send you the ultrasound report,provided along with the image. That will show the estimated gestational age and you calculate backwards from that. By what i can make out from the picture you uploaded,the pregnancy is well-defined and should be at least 5-6 weeks old.