Had sex. Partner has vaginal bleeding and pain. Suggest

I did unprotected sex with my girlfriend on friday. As it was her first time, she was feeling blackout, and i pulled out my tool but i noticed i had pre-cum on my penis...i got scared and told her to wash her vagina..which she did... next week on tuesday we had protected sex with condom and on wednesday she had heavy bleeding and pain in vagina...I m scared if she gets pregnant...bcozz we are living in a country where pregnancy without marriage leads to prison...she is from respected family and i doesnt want bad name to my family as well as her family. i luv her and wanted to marry her...plss advise if she can get pregnant
Posted Sun, 16 Jun 2013 in Teen Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 1 hour later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

I will assume that the bleeding was related to her period. If this is the case, then the point in her cycle where you had unprotected intercourse was at a point where pregnancy is extremely unlikely. Also, if you did not fully ejaculate, then the chance of pregnancy is likely further decreased. On top of that, the chance of pregnancy per cycle, even under the best of circumstances is only about 15-20%. Taking all of these factors into account, the chance of pregnancy is almost zero. Nonetheless, you must use backup protection and she should do a pregnancy test in about 2 weeks. If it is negative, then she is not pregnancy.

My one concern is that you said she was feeling like she was going to "blackout" during intercourse. This could be related to pain or trauma in the vagina. I could also be wrong about the subsequent bleeding being related to her cycle. It might be related to injury of the vagina itself. If she is having any further problems with bleeding or pain, then she really needs to visit a doctor and have an exam, regardless of the cultural issues that exist.

I hope that this helps.
Follow-up: Had sex. Partner has vaginal bleeding and pain. Suggest 4 minutes later
We have sex after 5 days of her period....she had bleeding 15 days before the next period cycle...i did not fully ejaculate inside her as I didnt penetrate full inside her at that time....she felt pain and bleeding lasted for 1 day only and not like 3 bleeding during her menustral cycle...
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 26 minutes later
Thank you for the followup clarification.

Given what you are saying, again, I think that the chance of pregnancy is EXTREMELY SMALL. Nonetheless, please have her check a pregnancy test in 2 weeks and have her consider getting in to see her doctor!

Thank you and good luck!