Had sex. Missed periods. Any chances of getting pregnant?

Mar 2016

hello sir... i had sex with my bf on 27th sept.. n i miss my period on 3rd it chances of getting pregnant... as d penis was not at all inside bt sperm was out
i did pregancy test which was negative... bt still i didnt get my period so i m worried.. can u give me any tablet name to avoid pregnancy
Posted Sat, 26 Oct 2013 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. S Patra 2 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

Unprotected sex just prior to onset of period is very much safe. Here, chance of pregnancy is extremely rare if previous cycle was regular.

Second thing, it is too early for pregnancy test. Ideal time is 2 weeks after sex. So, negative pregnancy test is nothing significant at this stage.

Period date normally alters 1-7 days due to hormonal imbalance, excitation and mental stress. No medicine is advisable without confirmation of pregnancy. It may give ill health effect and irregular period cycle in future.

In this scenario, you have two options. These are:

1) You can wait at least one week to get your period naturally. In this time frame, you must take balanced diet with more green vegetable, drink more fluid/ water, avoid mental stress, keep bowel habit regular and take sound sleep. This will help to hasten your period.

2) You can take progesterone pill (like norethisterone) to induce period if your due date is one week past and don't get period. In that case, you must consult with your local doctor for prescription.

In addition, you can take this food stuff like broccoli, fennel seeds, salmon fish (rich in vitamin D & calcium), green vegetables (like spinach, brinjal etc), fish or fish oil (rich in omega-3 fatty acid), almonds, sesame seeds, yoghurt dairy product, soy milk, boiled egg, red or black grapes, tofu or paneer etc. These are quite helpful to get early period.

Hope, I have guided you with my experience. If you need any clarification, you can freely ask me.

Wish your good health and practice safe sex.

Dr Soumen

For future query, you can directly approach me through