Had sex. Having only spotting. Is it pregnancy?

Mar 2016

Hi I had sex everyday in may I had my period for three day on may 5 it was spotting and clotting only when I pee I never been pregnant no blood on pad now I'm spitting today please help am I pregnant we even had sex on April the 17 until now
Posted Thu, 20 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 31 minutes later

Everyday unprotected sex in a month always has high causing pregnancy. In this circumstances, spotting may indicate implantation bleeding or regular menstrual bleed. You need to undergo one blood test for beta-HCG to confirm pregnancy. Later on, you may require one Trans Vaginal Sonography (TVS scan) to get more detailed picture on conception. It also helps to rule out other pelvic pathology.

Other reasons of irregular spotting are hormonal imbalance, ovarian cyst, stress/ anxiety, irregular diet habit, vaginal infection, change in weight, psychological factors etc.

It might be worthwhile to visit your gynecologist following initial test reports to proceed for other relevant investigation. Proper treatment depends on underlying etiology.

In the interim, do the following things:

1) Take healthy diet with vitamin & iron supplements.
2) Keep bowel habit regular and drink plenty of fluids/ juice.
3) Try to avoid stress by yoga or meditation regularly.
4) Maintain genital hygiene properly and take sound sleep.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Wish your good health & practice safe sex in future.

Dr Soumen.