Had sex. Having burning sensation from lower abdomen to all genital areas during urination. Taking medicines. What are the tests to be done?

Question

I am male 32. I had sex twice. Once unprotected on XXXXXXX 19th 2013 and once protected on XXXXXXX 30th 2013 with same partner. After passing urine, I get a pain/burning sensation from lower abdomen to all genital areas and this lasts for about 15 minutes. Urine analysis and culture were fine. I have done about 4 urine analysis and all seems fine with Pus cells and Epithelial cells around 2 to 4, which I heard is normal. I have had Azax 500, Norflox, Urispa, Citralka, and Neeri for quite long time and none seems to be working. I also make it a point to drink 2 liters of water. All doctors keep dismissing as not a serious problem (as dysuria or something trivial). I did master health check and tests were normal and ultrasound of lower abdomen was normal.

Question 1 - what further should I do to diagnose and correctly attack the problem? Will CT scan help?
Question 2 - I would like to do all tests for different STD's in Chennai. Request you to guide me to a good center in Chennai
Question 3 - What would be approx. cost to do all STD's (bacterial, viral, HIV etc.) in Chennai?

Thanks
XXXX
Posted Sat, 14 Sep 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer....Your symptoms could be due to CHRONIC PROSTATITIS or some sexually transmitted disease.
Detailed answer....
You could be suffering from chronic bacterial PROSTATITIS or chronic pelvic syndrome or some STD.
Chronic PROSTATITIS can cause symptoms like pain in lower abdomen,pain in back,urinary symptoms like painful urination or after urination,hesitancy or repeated desire of urine,sometimes painful ejaculation,fatigue and tiredness.
It is not necessary for every patient to have all of these symptoms.
Ideally you should consult a urologist for the examination and investigations like CT abdomen,examination of prostatic fluid after prostate massage and other tests for STD's.
There are plenty of good hospitals in CHENNAI like APPOLO HOSPITAL.
You can go to the urology department and consult anybody there,as all of urologist present there are very good.
Let the doctor decide your investigations.
I hope it helps however you may revert  to me for any further query.
Best of luck
Thanks

Follow-up: Had sex. Having burning sensation from lower abdomen to all genital areas during urination. Taking medicines. What are the tests to be done? 17 minutes later
Thanks for the response. I would go ahead and consult urologist.I would like to know the cost of performing different STD test in Chennai. An approximate estimate would be enough for me. For eg chlamydia, Gonorrea, Syphllies, herpes, HIV and so forth

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 12 minutes later
I don't think that these tests are going to cost you more than 3-4 thousand Rs ,however I would advise you to consult the urologist first and then get investigated according to his advise.
Thanks

Follow-up: Had sex. Having burning sensation from lower abdomen to all genital areas during urination. Taking medicines. What are the tests to be done? 5 minutes later
Thank you. First i will consult Urologist and then act upon his advice. I Just wanted to know the approx cost. Thanks for the information.

you are most welcome to ask any query any time.
The costing is approximate and could vary a bit.
Thanks